Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Southern Influences

So, you may have noticed that I changed my blog up quite a bit. I decided I needed a name that would be more fun and fashion-related. I hope you all have found me again!

To celebrate the new name and new style, I named this post "Southern Influences." I just adore Southwestern culture. I love traveling to New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona, seeing the architecture, the nature, and the culture. Every time my family and I travel, I have to take pictures of the mountains, the cacti, and the buildings, plus I love looking at the Native American jewelry and products.

yellow tank top - Old Navy, skirt - handmade by grandmother, aviators - Forever 21, flip-flops - Kohls

My grandmother has been making clothes for me and my siblings our entire lives. She basically can make anything! I adore her because she is super creative and usually teaches herself how to do things (sew, knit, crochet, needlepoint, etc). I love this skirt because, like I said before, I love Southwestern style. The burnt orange, yellow, blue, and green all fit in with the style. As for the flip flops, I was lazy and wanted to be comfy :)


My own creation.
Also my creation. I actually made these especially for this skirt.

I love this weather!

2 comments: