Monday, April 11, 2011

Don't You....Forget About Me

Denim skirt - JC Penney, white lace top - handmade by my grandma, pink top (underneath) - JC Penney, glitter flats - Target, rose headband - Kohls, pink purse - thrifted and DIY'ed

The title of my post is the famous song "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds from the most awesome 80's movie ever, The Breakfast Club. I didn't realize until after I wore this, that it reminded me of Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club. But I will not shake out my dandruff to create "snow" while in detention lol (scene from movie). Excuse my hair in the above pic, its been crazy windy in West Texas lately.

I thought this outfit was very girly and ethereal, but I added silver skull/cross bones studs to toughen it up just a little.

The dome ring with the little diamonds is from Charlotte Russe, the square ring and silver bangle are thrifted and the thin colored bangles were a gift.


Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club after Molly Ringwald made her over.

I'm really going to try to post more often. I work nights, so basically the extent of my work wardrobe is comfy lounge pants and shirts from Target and flipflops, then I sleep during the day, so no going out too often. That's why I wait until my days off to post. But my schedule is a little wacky right now, so I am getting different days off, which I guess is good, too. Anyway, enough gabbing - thanks for the wonderful comments, I do appreciate them.

*And don't forget to enter the giveaway at ReallyPetite.com for the gorgeous pair of Ann Taylor earrings!
 

5 comments:

  1. The bag looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie!!!! It's one of my favorites, and the headband totally reminds of The Breakfast Club. :)

    You should post your outfit on The Wear to go Girls' facebook for a chance to be featured Best Look of the Week! http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wear-to-go-Girls/138631736207424


    xoxo,
    melrod

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute bag! And I love that your look goes with The Breakfast Club outfit. :)

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  4. that headband and shirt are caraaaazy adorable. Such a cute look.

    ReplyDelete